In budget meal plan 116 we've got 5 dinner recipes that are not only delicious but also easy on your wallet. This meal plan will save you time and money with our handy prep guide cheat sheet and the free shopping list.
Whether you're searching for affordable lunches or quick and effortless dinner recipes, our meal plan has something for every member of your family. You'll find useful tips for saving money on groceries without compromising on nutrition, and we also provide you with a FREE shopping list and a one-week meal plan that is both budget-friendly and delicious.
Aldi Budget Meal Plan Like this recipe? Pin it to your Meal Planning pinboard! Follow SavvyBites on Pinterest
It's always helpful to have some pantry and freezer staples on hand to help get dinners on the table quickly. Below, I've listed some staples that I always have, in order to pull together healthy and easy dinners quickly.
If you're new to Aldi or new to the website I'll give you a quick rundown of the pantry staples and favourite fresh food that I always like to have on hand.
- olive oil
- brown rice
- white rice or basmati
- tinned beans- black beans, kidney beans and chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- soy sauce- light and dark
- small flour tortilla- great for making tortilla chips or wraps
- coconut oil- please don't even ask me why coconut oil is so expensive everywhere else, but for some reason, in Aldi, it's a fraction of the price. It's also great for skincare, so it's a great pantry item.
- tinned tomatoes- or you can use passata which is a smooth tomato sauce Perfect for making these meatballs in tomato sauce.
- peanut butter- honestly, the smooth pb from Aldi is on par with any high-end brand name. And it's the key ingredient in these peanut butter cookies or use it to make the peanut sauce for these crispy pork lettuce wraps.
- Fresh vegetables, fruits and whole foods ground beef (mince)
- chicken breasts
- grape tomatoes
- green onions
- feta cheese
- cottage cheese or Greek yoghurt- I change it up weekly
- sour cream or creme fraiche
- Cheese- this usually depends on what types of cheese feature in that week's Aldi meal plan that I'm creating
About the budget meal plan
These simple budget dinner ideas are ever-changing and they feature a mix of both the Savvy Bites classics as well as new recipes every week. Each recipe has the number of servings it makes as well as the nutritional information for each recipe.
Most of the recipes in each plan are designed to serve a family of 4 and most will have leftovers. The exceptions will be the slow cooker recipes, like this special slow cooker meal plan, which will usually serve up to 6 people. Each recipe also gives tips on how to store and reheat leftovers.
With food waste such an important issue both economically and environmentally never has it been so important to be mindful of what we consume. But of course, it's still important to make delicious, creative, inspiring and healthy meals.
Join the Facebook group to share more recipe ideas and all your photos!
Need help with meal planning? You can find our (Aldi ingredients only) weekly meal plans here! Sign up to receive them free every week or take our quick meal planning course and grab the blank meal planner and use all these recipes to create your own meal plans.