These biscuits are the ULTIMATE chocolate biscuit recipe. They are chewy and soft in the centre, crisp around the edges, rich and fudgy with a hint of sea salt sprinkled over. These biscuits are so easy, but they taste like you've spent all day making them instead of the 30 minutes they actually take! All ingredients available from Aldi UK because 1 stop shops rule! ♥
These cookies are the perfect quick weekend baking treat to make with kids or little ones. What I will say, is that there are a couple of steps here but they are all simple and I walk you through everything step by step so you have nothing to fear even if you're new to baking or have very little experience. Anyone can make these biscuits.
Easy Chewy Chocolate Biscuits
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Baking pinboard!
Follow SavvyBites on Pinterest
Chocolate Biscuit Ingredients
- Dark Chocolate (Milk chocolate or white chocolate don't have a high enough cocoa content).
- Cocoa Powder
- Plain Flour
- Caster Sugar
- Light Brown Sugar (if you don't want to use light brown sugar you can use all caster but you won't get as chewy a texture)
- Baking Powder
- Butter *See Notes
- Sea Salt *See Notes
Step By Step Instructions for Chewy Chocolate Biscuits
- For this recipe, you need 3 bowls. 2 medium and 1 small. In medium bowl 1 place the dark chocolate and the butter. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water not letting the water touch the bottom of the bowl. As it melts, mix occasionally so the chocolate and butter combine.
- In medium bowl number 2 place both sugars and the eggs. While the chocolate and butter are melting, use an electric hand whisk to whip the eggs and sugar until they are light, fluffy and thick.
- The photos below show what the egg and sugar mixture should look like and what the melted chocolate and butter should look like.
- Once the eggs are whipped and the chocolate and butter melted, gently pour the chocolate into the egg-sugar mixture. See the photo below to see what it should look like. Stir together, but be gentle so you don't knock all the air out.
- The mixture will become really thick. Almost pudding-like. In the small bowl weigh out the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and whisk them together. Fold the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture. Again the batter will thicken up. And it is more like a batter rather than a biscuit dough.
- Line a baking tray and use an ice cream scoop to place the batter on the baking tray. Leave plenty of room between each biscuit because they spread... a lot! Sprinkle them with sea salt and bake them for about 12 minutes and give them a check. When they are removed from the oven they should still be quite soft. The crackling top will happen as the biscuits cool.
And there you have it! The perfect chocolate biscuit! Next level good!
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND COOKING ALONG WITH ME! IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR HAVE A QUESTION, I’D LOVE IT IF YOU LEFT A COMMENT AND A RATING. YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM TO SEE WHAT WE’RE EATING, PINNING AND A LITTLE BEHIND THE SCENES TOO!