Hard to believe we've reached 100 weekly meal plans! It feels surreal, and I'm beyond grateful for everyone who prints out a plan, makes a recipe and finds the website helpful. Weekly family meal plans can be one of the biggest budget savers for families and can reduce so much weekly stress.
Aldi Budget Meal Plan Like this recipe? Pin it to your Meal Planning pinboard! Follow SavvyBites on Pinterest
Whether you use every recipe listed or use these healthy dinner ideas as a starting point for designing your own meal plans, let these ideas guide you to having more inspiration and confidence in the kitchen.
Healthy family meal plan
- Creamy one-pan spinach and artichoke gnocchi
- Slow cooker honey garlic chicken thighs
- Easy pork and vegetable curry
- One pan halloumi pasta
- Slow cooker bolognese
Meal prep ideas
Meal prep can tremendously help get dinner on the table on busy weeknights. Below, I've listed some of the quick shortcuts or meal prep you can do to get ahead of the game.
And because we're getting so close to Christmas and I know everyone will have lots going on I've reduced the recipes to 5 so you have room for leftovers and nights out with friends.
- The slow cooker bolognese can be made any time and put in the freezer for when you need it.
- Prep the vegetable for the pork curry.
- To really keep your budget down- for the gnocchi skip the pest and use sun-dried tomatoes and some extra cream.
If you're new to Aldi or new to the website I'll give you a quick rundown of the pantry staples and favourite fresh food that I always like to have on hand.
- olive oil
- brown rice
- white rice or basmati
- tinned beans- black beans, kidney beans and chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- soy sauce- light and dark
- small flour tortilla- great for making tortilla chips or wraps
- coconut oil- please don't even ask me why coconut oil is so expensive everywhere else, but for some reason, in Aldi, it's a fraction of the price. It's also great for skincare, so it's a great pantry item.
- tinned tomatoes- or you can use passata which is a smooth tomato sauce Perfect for making this one-pot chorizo pasta.
- peanut butter- honestly, the smooth pb from Aldi is on par with any high-end brand name. And it's the key ingredient in these peanut butter cookies.
- Fresh vegetables, fruits and whole foods
ground beef (mince)
- chicken breasts
- grape tomatoes
- green onions
- feta cheese
- cottage cheese or Greek yoghurt- I change it up weekly
- sour cream or creme fraiche
- Cheese- this usually depends on what types of cheese feature in that week's Aldi meal plan that I'm creating
About the budget meal plan
These simple budget dinner ideas are ever-changing and they feature a mix of both the Savvy Bites classics as well as new recipes every week. Each recipe has the number of servings it makes as well as the nutritional information for each recipe.
Most of the recipes in each plan are designed to serve a family of 4 and most will have leftovers. The exceptions will be the slow cooker recipes, like this special slow cooker meal plan, which will usually serve up to 6 people. Each recipe also gives tips on how to store and reheat leftovers.
With food waste such an important issue both economically and environmentally never has it been so important to be mindful of what we consume. But of course, it's still important to make delicious, creative, inspiring and healthy meals.
Join the Facebook group to share more recipe ideas and all your photos!
Need help with meal planning? You can find our (Aldi ingredients only) weekly meal plans here! Sign up to receive them free every week or take our quick meal planning course and grab the blank meal planner and use all these recipes to create your own meal plans.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND COOKING ALONG WITH ME! IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR HAVE A QUESTION, I’D LOVE IT IF YOU LEFT A COMMENT AND A RATING. YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND INSTAGRAM TO SEE WHAT WE’RE EATING, PINNING AND A LITTLE BEHIND THE SCENES TOO!