This chorizo pasta is here for you. It knows you need a quick dinner that's minimal on ingredients but is maximum on flavour and Easy with a capital E! This chorizo pasta just wants to make your dinner so awesome in only 7 ingredients. Say yes to this pasta. You won't regret it!
One-Pot Chorizo Pasta
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Pasta pinboard!
Follow SavvyBites on Pinterest
As always with these recipes... all the ingredients are from Aldi UK. And nope. Aldi has no involvement here what so ever. I just love making recipes and sharing them. But I want it all to be fun, easy, affordable and approachable. That's it and that's all.
Okay. Let's get straight into it today!
- Rigatoni (you can use any kind of pasta but I do recommend you use rigatoni and I'll explain more on that in a minute.)
- Tomato puree
- Passata (in a box or the stuff in a jar is fine)
- Grana Padano or Parmesan
- Mozzarella (the fresh kind not the blocks)
Okay. You need an onion and some garlic, but I'm pretty sure you've got those in your fridge somewhere, right?
How to make the perfect chorizo pasta step by step
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sautee onions and garlic.
- Sautee the chorizo until golden and remove all the excess oil. There will be lots!
- Add tomato puree and passata.
- Toss in pasta top up with water. Cover and simmer until pasta is cooked.
- Add Grana Padano or parmesan. Top with mozzarella and basil if you like. Enjoy straight from the pan. No judgement!
- This step is completely optional but this pasta would highly benefit from being baked in the oven once you've topped it with the cheese.
Why should you use rigatoni for chorizo pasta?
Well, you can actually use any short noodle with deep ridges in it. Those deep ridges are what hang on to all that sauce. It's the perfect vehicle to get all that chorizo flavoured tomato goodness from the pan to your face.
Other noodles you can use
Or use this website that gives you aaalll the types of pasta and how to use them.
Things that would really amp up with pasta if you had some extra time and ingredients
- Adding spinach
- Swirling in some cream at the end
- Some mushrooms sauteed with the chorizo
- Chilli flakes to turn this into an even hotter spicy chorizo pasta
I intentionally skipped all that because I wanted to keep it super simple and let you pick any add-in's on your own. It can get a little intimidating to start subtracting from a recipe when you don't have a lot of experience. I get it. You think maybe it won't turn out right or you can't make this recipe because you're missing x,y or z.
It's so much easier when I give you the basics and let you add from there. So now that you've mastered this basic chorizo pasta recipe what are gonna do with it?
Pasta bake, Creamy pasta, spicy pasta or extra veg pasta? The sky's the limit and you're now a pasta sensei so go boldly and start adding to this recipe and make it your own!
Tools used to make this Recipe NamePrint
A quick and easy chorizo pasta recipe using only 7 ingredients. Turn it into a pasta bake or a creamy pasta. Either way it’s weeknight pasta perfection.
- 400g Rigatoni or similar noodle
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 200g Spicy Italian Sausage (casing removed, cut into chunks)
- 1 box passata
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- 1 Mozzarella ball
- In a high sided skillet or a sauce pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sautee the onion until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté another 2 minutes. Remove the onion and garlic from the pan, so they don’t burn. Add the chorizo and cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until the chorizo is golden and the oil has rendered out.
- Add the cooked onion and garlic, tomato puree and the passata to the pan along with the dried oregano and about 300ml boiling water. Add the rigatoni to the pan and bring to a boil. Turn the pan down to a simmer and cover with the pan lid. Continue to cook for about 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked al dente and the sauce is thick.
- Divide between bowls and top with the cheeses and some fresh basil if desired.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: spicy pasta, one pot, easy, tomatoes
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND COOKING ALONG WITH ME! IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR HAVE A QUESTION, I’D LOVE IT IF YOU LEFT A COMMENT AND A RATING. YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM TO SEE WHAT WE’RE EATING, PINNING AND A LITTLE BEHIND THE SCENES TOO!