A free 7 day flexible meal plan designed to save you time and money. Included are recipes for easy dinners, slow cooker recipes and of course speedy pastas. All ingredients are from Aldi so that you can save time by shopping in one place and save money using only a handful of common ingredients.
Aldi Budget Meal Plan Like this recipe? Pin it to your Meal Planning pinboard! Follow SavvyBites on Pinterest
They have all the ingredients you need to make easy meals using healthy recipes. So, why is this website dedicated to recipes from only one store?
Well, I used to do my grocery shopping at multiple different stores and go to Aldi for my basics.
I was spending too much time and too much money going to different stores every week. So I've taken my chef training and 10 years of experience and decided to get creative and only shop at my local Aldi.
It's been a success. And I've loved having the structure of only using Aldi products.
About the Aldi budget meal plan
The plans are full of easy dinners with simple recipes. I include 2-3 vegetarian recipes with every meal plan. If you prefer to have meat every night then you could certainly amend each recipe to include animal protein. There are also tips and tricks for meal prep to give you a head start for the week, or tips on how to make the most of your leftovers.
With food waste such an important issue both economically and environmentally never has it been so important to be mindful of what we consume. But of course, it's still important to make delicious, creative, inspiring and healthy meals.
With each free Aldi meal plan, I include the links to the recipes for the week’s menu. Also, the printable free grocery list and the printable menu plan. Even if you don't use all the recipes in the meal plan, you can always use it as inspiration for more dinner ideas.
If you've never been to an Aldi before, your first time may take you a little longer to get around and get familiar with everything. It will probably take you a couple times to get your bearings. And you will more than likely cruise through the Aldi finds aisle and wonder how you ended up buying extra things that weren't on your list. If you're a regular Aldi shopper, you already know the temptation of the middle aisle!
The easy way to get to grips with it is to go around the perimeter aisles of your local store and then go down the centre aisles.
If you're new to Aldi or new to the website I'll give you a quick rundown of the pantry staples and favourite fresh food that I always like to have on hand all the time. On the shopping list I don't include oil, salt or pepper. I assume you will have those items in your cupboards already. Everything else needed goes on the list.
- olive oil
- brown rice
- white rice or basmati
- tinned beans- black beans, kidney beans and chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- soy sauce- light and dark
- small flour tortilla- great for making tortilla chips or wraps
- coconut oil- please don't even ask me why coconut oil is so expensive everywhere else, but for some reason, in Aldi, it's a fraction of the price. It's also great for skincare, so it's a great pantry item.
- tinned tomatoes- or you can use passata which is a smooth tomato sauce
- peanut butter- honestly, the smooth pb from Aldi is on par with any high-end brand name.
- Fresh vegetables, fruits and whole foods
ground beef (mince)
- chicken breasts
- grape tomatoes
- green onions
- feta cheese
- cottage cheese or Greek yoghurt- I change it up weekly
- sour cream or creme fraiche
- Cheese- this usually depends on what types of cheese feature in that week's Aldi meal plan that I'm creating
Once you start shopping at Aldi, you'll really notice a big difference in the total cost of your shopping, especially if you have a big family.
So let's get to this week’s Aldi meal plan
The Aldi Recipes
- Sweet potato curry
- Cheeseburger pasta
- Honey garlic salmon
- Vegetable noodle stir fry
- Asian pork meatballs
- Margherita pizza- you can also make your own pizza dough and your own pizza sauce. Or you can make one and buy the other. Or buy both!
The easiest ways to get these meal plans in your hands every week is to get on the email list and you'll be sent the plan as soon I hit publish, or you can join the Facebook group.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND COOKING ALONG WITH ME! IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR HAVE A QUESTION, I’D LOVE IT IF YOU LEFT A COMMENT AND A RATING. YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND INSTAGRAM TO SEE WHAT WE’RE EATING, PINNING AND A LITTLE BEHIND THE SCENES TOO!