Welcome to budget meal plan 128. A healthy family meal plan for the week! We understand the importance of serving healthy family dinners without burning a hole in your pocket. That's why we've crafted this 7-day family meal plan, ensuring you get the best of both worlds: taste and savings.
Healthy Dinner Ideas for Family: A Week's Worth of FLavour!
Our family meal planner is designed to provide easy healthy dinner ideas that cater to every palate in your household. From meatballs in tomato sauce to an incredible butternut squash curry, our dinner ideas for the family are both nutritious and delicious. You can find our other budget meal plans here.
Aldi Budget Meal Plan Like this recipe? Pin it to your Meal Planning pinboard! Follow SavvyBites on Pinterest
More Choices, More Savings
Explore our regular meal plans or opt for our £25 budget plans. Whichever you choose, rest assured that you'll relish affordable dinners that will please the entire family, without requiring any costly ingredients.
It's always helpful to have some pantry and freezer staples on hand to help get dinners on the table quickly. Below, I've listed some staples that I always have, in order to pull together healthy and easy dinners quickly.
Healthy Family Recipes: Pantry Essentials
To whip up these quick healthy family meals, it's beneficial to have some pantry staples. Here are some essentials I always stock up on from Aldi:
- olive oil
- brown rice
- white rice or basmati
- tinned beans- black beans, kidney beans and chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- soy sauce- light and dark
- small flour tortilla- great for making tortilla chips or wraps
- coconut oil- please don't even ask me why coconut oil is so expensive everywhere else, but for some reason, in Aldi, it's a fraction of the price. It's also great for skincare, so it's a great pantry item.
- tinned tomatoes- or you can use passata which is a smooth tomato sauce Perfect for making this tomato and spinach gnocchi.
- peanut butter- honestly, the smooth pb from Aldi is on par with any high-end brand name. And it's a key ingredient in these Asian chicken lettuce wraps or use it to make the peanut sauce for these quick and easy Chinese noodles, or this peanut butter chicken.
Fresh Ingredients for the Week:
- Fresh vegetables, fruits and whole foods ground beef (mince)
- chicken breasts
- grape tomatoes
- green onions
- feta cheese
- cottage cheese or Greek yoghurt- I change it up weekly
- sour cream or creme fraiche
- Cheese- this usually depends on what types of cheese feature in that week's Aldi meal plan that I'm creating
Healthy Meal Plan for a Week:
Bonus Features To make your meal planning ideas even more seamless, we're offering a free shopping list and a prep guide cheat sheet. These tools will ensure you have everything you need to create healthy easy dinner recipes throughout the week.
Our budget dinner ideas are constantly evolving, featuring a mix of classic Savvy Bites recipes and new additions each week. Each recipe specifies the number of servings and provides nutritional information. Most recipes serve a family of 4 with leftovers, while slow cooker recipes typically cater to up to 6 people. Plus, we offer tips on storing and reheating leftovers to minimize food waste.
Join us in creating delightful, inspiring, and healthy meals without breaking the bank.
Need help with meal planning? You can find our (Aldi ingredients only) weekly meal plans here! Sign up to receive them free every week or take our quick meal planning course and grab the blank meal planner and use all these recipes to create your own meal plans. Join the Facebook group to share more recipe ideas and all your photos!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
If you love these budget meal plans please let me know in the comments below. I love hearing from you. You can sign up to have them delivered weekly.
Need help with meal planning? You can find our (Aldi ingredients only) weekly meal plans here! Sign up to receive them free every week or take our quick meal planning course and use all these recipes to create your own meal plans.
You can also find more comfort food recipes using everyday ingredients over on our sister site Salted Mint.