This one-pot creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is dinner goals. Spicy perfectly juicy Cajun chicken, snuggled into ridged noodles that are coated in the most delicious creamy tomato sauce. The best part of this one-pot pasta dinner is that it's only 9 ingredients and every single one is available from Aldi UK!
This may be my favourite recipe this month! Yes, I know we're only on day 4 of February, however, this kinda spicy, kinda rich, a little creamy one pot tomato pasta may just be the thing that pulls us all out of the winter blues and makes us feel like spring is right around the corner. It's got everything going for it.
- Made in one pot
- Made with 9 simple ingredients (Bless you Aldi UK!) BTW* I do not work for or with Aldi. I just want to share amazing affordable recipes with you all so that we can all eat better for a lot less! You can read more about it here.
- Ready in 30 minutes.
Cajun Chicken Pasta
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER or PASTA pinboard!
Follow SavvyBites on Pinterest
Ingredients needed for Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Cajun Seasoning
- Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
- Fresh Coriander
Yes, you need a splash of olive oil and some salt, but I figure you've already got that, so you'll give me those for free and we won't count them towards ingredients!
How to This One Pot Chicken Pasta Step By Step
- Chop the chicken into large cubes. I usually go for 2 bite-size chunks. Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning on the chicken and toss well to coat. Now, heat some of that oil in a large heavy skillet. It doesn't matter if you have a cast-iron pan or a stainless steel one. Both will work perfectly fine.
- Once the oil shimmers and is hot, add the chicken to the pan and brown on all sides. This should take about 5-6 minutes. It doesn't matter if the chicken is fully cooked yet because we'll finish cooking it on the sauce.
- Once the chicken is browned on all sides, remove to a plate or small bowl and set aside while you make the sauce.
- There will be brown bits clinging to the bottom of the pan from the chicken. Leave these in and add the onions and garlic to the pan with a small amount of water. Using a wooden spoon, scrape the brown bits up and continue to soften the garlic and onions. Cook until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add in the tinned tomatoes and the cream. Bring to a simmer and add the chicken back to the pan. Continue to simmer gently for another 5-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Juice the lemon and add some of the juice to taste. *This is important. You may not see the point, but it really does elevate the sauce. Go with it!
Okay. You can totally keep this as a vegetarian option or add...
- prawns (shrimp)
- chunks of fried tofu or halloumi
More Pasta Recipes from Savvy Bites
This one-pot Cajun chicken pasta will have you embracing February! Ok. Maybe not. But it's exactly the warm, delicious, comforting (and healthy) easy dinner we all need right now!
This easy creamy one pan Cajun chicken pasta is the perfect weeknight dinner. 30 minutes, simple ingredients and the best perfectly rich thick gently spicy sauce.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cajun spice (divided)
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 yellow/ brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 150-200ml single cream
- juice of 1 lemon
- 200g rigatoni or penne
- chopped fresh coriander
- Chop the chicken into 1 inch cubes and toss with 2 tablespoons of the cajun spice. In a heavy bottom skillet or sauce pan, heat the olive oil. Cook the chicken until the edges are golden and the chicken is cooked through. Remove to a plate while you make everything else.
- Add the garlic and onion and sauté gently until the garlic is fragrant and the onion is translucent. If needed add a splash of water to help scrape up and brown bits of chicken. Pour in the chopped tomatoes, another tablespoon of the cajun spice. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the cream and stir well.
- Add the chicken back to the pan cook until the chicken is cooked through. Toss in the pasta. Toss or stir to coat the noodles. Mix in the coriander and serve.
If you use fresh pasta noodles (they’re in the fridge section near the cheese in Aldi) toss them right into the sauce and they cook in 4 minutes. If you’re going to use dried pasta cook them separately and toss with the sauce.
- Category: pasta
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Cajun
Keywords: One pot, pasta, chicken, easy
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND COOKING ALONG WITH ME! IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR HAVE A QUESTION, I’D LOVE IT IF YOU LEFT A COMMENT AND A RATING. YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM TO SEE WHAT WE’RE EATING, PINNING AND A LITTLE BEHIND THE SCENES TOO!