This Nutella puff pastry is so so easy to make. Warm Nutella (or Nutoka, since we're shopping at Aldi!) some golden flaky puff pastry and a few chopped hazelnuts if you like.
These puff pastries are perfect for breakfast or dessert. Or even just a treat with some tea. And your kids will love these in they're school lunches.
Nutella Puff Pastry
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Baking pinboard!
Follow SavvyBites on Pinterest
Ingredients for Nutella puff pastry
- ready-rolled puff pastry
- jar Nutoka (or Nutella) hazelnut spread
- hazelnuts (optional)
- demerara sugar (optional)
Puff pastries step by step
- Step 1 & 2- Roll out the puff pastry and use a rolling pin to gently flatten the puff pastry a little further and cut into 6 even squares. Spread a large spoonful of Nutella/ Nutoka on the puff pastry and leave an edge around the entire square.
- Step 3 & 4- Brush the border of the puff pastry with some beaten egg and scatter with some chopped hazelnuts if you're using them. Fold the pastries in half and press the edges with a fork to seal them closed for baking. Brush the outside of pastries with beaten egg and sprinkle with demerara sugar and some more chopped hazelnuts.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes until the pastries are golden brown and flaky.
These pastries are really best served fresh and warm, but if you have some leftover they keep really well in the fridge wrapped tightly in cling film, or in an airtight container. You can also reheat them up in the oven before serving. I'd suggest not using the microwave because the pastry will go soggy.
More Nutella / Nutoka recipes
Tools used to make these Nutella Pastries
Easy Nutella Puff Pastry Recipe
- 1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
- ½ jar Nutella/ Nutoka
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 tablespoons demerara sugar optional
- 3 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts optional
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC and line a baking tray with non-stick parchment paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet and flatten out with a rolling pin. Cut the pastry into 6 squares and spread with about 2 tablespoons of Nutella on each square leaving a border around the edges. Sprinkle with some hazelnuts.
- Brush the edges with the beaten egg and fold the pastry in half. Use a fork to seal the edges of the puff pastry. Brush the outside of the pastry with more beaten egg and sprinkle with the demerara sugar and some more hazelnuts. Use a sharp knife to make 3 small cuts in the top of the pastry.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes until the pastry has puffed up and is golden and flaky. Leave to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Be careful, the Nutella will be very hot!
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND COOKING ALONG WITH ME! IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR HAVE A QUESTION, I’D LOVE IT IF YOU LEFT A COMMENT AND A RATING. YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM TO SEE WHAT WE’RE EATING, PINNING AND A LITTLE BEHIND THE SCENES TOO!