This is the creamiest, silkiest butternut squash pasta you will ever taste. It's only 5 ingredients and all of it available from Aldi UK. That means that anyone can make this dinner in about 30 minutes! How perfect is that to bring in all the autumn feels. Quick, easy and all in a one-stop-shop!
Butternut Squash Pasta
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Pasta pinboard!
Follow SavvyBites on Pinterest
I know. You're going to want to know just exactly what ingredients you're going to need to make the very best butternut squash pasta ever!
Ingredients needed for butternut squash pasta
- Butternut squash
- Grana Padano
- Penne or similar noodle
There are definitely optional extras. I just wanted to keep this as simple as possible. But for the extras...
- Sausage (chorizo)
- Bacon or pancetta
How to make butternut squash pasta and sauce step by step
- Dice the squash into 1 cm cubes.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan and gently brown and soften the squash on all sides. Add the stock made from the stock cube and bring to the boil.
- Cook until the squash is soft and tender. Place the squash and stock into a blender and blend until silky smooth and creamy.
- If the sauce is too thick add some extra water until desired consistency.
- Place the sauce back into the pan and add the grated grana Padano. This is no time to be frugal. This sauce and the sweetness of the squash pair perfectly with cheese. A match made in heaven.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and toss well.
- This is where you add in any (or all) of the extras.
Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce FAQ's
Q. Can this pasta sauce be frozen?
A. YESSSSS!!!! This sauce freezes like a dream and can be used for the quickest weeknight dinners.
Q. Can you roast the squash in the oven and then finish it on the stove?
A. You sure can. It just may take a little longer. If you're going this route, you can skip the pan and add the hot stock and squash straight to the blender and blend until smooth and silky.
And that's it. Dinner is done. Dip your fork into that creamy, silky luscious pasta with that sweet and savoury butternut sauce and call it a day.
More Savvy Bites Pasta Recipes
- One-Pot Chorizo Pasta
- Creamy One-Pot Tomato Pasta
Tools used to make this Recipe Name
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND COOKING ALONG WITH ME! IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR HAVE A QUESTION, I’D LOVE IT IF YOU LEFT A COMMENT AND A RATING. YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM TO SEE WHAT WE’RE EATING, PINNING AND A LITTLE BEHIND THE SCENES TOO!