Welcome back to week 4 of our £25 Aldi Weekly Meal Plan series! This week brings you another set of five dinner recipes that are both easy to prepare and light on your budget, complete with a free shopping list. These straightforward, budget meals are perfect for anyone in search of quick and cost-effective dinner options. Our plan is designed to let you enjoy savoury, delicious meals with minimal fuss and maximum savings!
To get the most out of your weekly meal plan, be sure to check your fridge and cupboards for any ingredients or pantry staples that you may already have. If you're new to budget meal planning, our beginner's guide to meal planning is an excellent starting point. If you're looking to get some ideas or inspiration you can see our collection of incredible pasta recipes, vegetarian recipes or these one pot recipes for when you need to make it fast! And don't forget to take a look at our previous £25 meal plans or our weekly meal plans for more inspiration.
Find week 1, 2 & 3 below
This week's budget meal plan recipes
Each shopping list, organised by recipe, enables you to easily cross off any unnecessary ingredients, thus ensuring you don't overlook anything important.
- Pasta Puttanesca: This classic Italian dish can be adapted with various types of pasta. Keep an eye on the balance of salty ingredients and consider adding a bit of sugar to offset the acidity of the tomatoes.
- Butternut Squash Curry: Great with any squash variety; adding a touch of cinnamon can enhance the warmth of the dish.
- Pork Curry with Coconut Sauce: Adjust the spice level to your preference. Coconut cream can be used for a richer sauce, and the pork can be substituted with chicken or tofu for a variation.
- Prawn Rice: For a vegetarian twist, try adding more vegetables like peas or bell peppers.
- Beef Stew with Cheddar Dumplings: Experiment with different cheeses in the dumplings for varied flavors.
How to use this meal plan
- Review the Recipes: Start by looking over this week's meal plan. Get familiar with the recipes and the cooking processes involved.
- Check Your Pantry: Before heading to Aldi, check your pantry for staples you already have. It's a great way to avoid buying duplicates and save money.
- Print the Shopping List: Our itemized shopping list is your best friend. It categorizes ingredients by recipe, making your shopping trip efficient and hassle-free.
- Prep Ahead: Identify any meal components you can prepare in advance. Chopping veggies or marinating meats ahead can save you precious time during busy weeknights. *See the prep sheet for any tips and tricks.
During the Week:
- Follow the Recipes: Each recipe comes with easy-to-follow steps. Don't worry if you're new to cooking – these are beginner-friendly!
- Storing Leftovers: Our tip sheet includes advice on how to properly store and reheat leftovers, ensuring nothing goes to waste.
- Be Flexible: Feel free to swap meals based on your schedule or cravings. Our plan is designed for flexibility!
End of the Week:
- Review and Reflect: What worked well? What didn't? Your feedback is valuable for future planning.
- Share Your Experience: Join our Facebook Group and share your thoughts, photos, and tips with our community of budget-savvy cooks.
Absolutely! We design our recipes to be straightforward and easy to follow. Whether a kitchen novice or a seasoned cook, these recipes are manageable and delicious.
Absolutely! Feel free to mix and match recipes to suit your taste and needs. For just that reason, we design each meal plan to be flexible.
Absolutely! We design our meal plans to be flexible. Feel free to substitute ingredients for dietary restrictions (like gluten-free or vegan options) or personal taste preferences. We encourage creativity in the kitchen; all the recipes have notes on substitutions and variations.
Craving more comfort food? Visit our sister site, Salted Mint, for easy, delicious recipes with everyday ingredients.