These Brownies. Dear Lord. We need to talk about these super easy chocolate brownies! Only 6 ingredients. These are fudgy, dense, thick, and so. darn. chocolatey. We're using simple ingredients and ditching box mixes (we can do way waaaayyy better than that!). These brownies will be on repeat for the whole month of February. And long after, no doubt. And of course, as always... we're using all ingredients from Aldi UK.
Now, let's get up close and personal with these brownies. Okay. Let me set the tone for how this goes. Dense, soft fudgy interior with a slightly crisp exterior crust. Baked to perfectly gooey perfection. Also, only 6 ingredients stand between you and the best brownie of your life!
Easy Chocolate Brownies
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Brownie or Dessert pinboard!
Follow SavvyBites on Pinterest
This brownie recipe is my top-secret recipe that I am now sharing with you. I've been making this brownie for years in all the commercial kitchens I used to work in. (You know I'm an actual chef, right?) We can chat more about that later. But for now, let's get these brownies into your oven and then into your face!
Ingredients Needed to Make Easy Chocolate Brownies
- Dark chocolate (please buy quality eating chocolate, not cooking chocolate. It doesn't behave the same way or taste as nice)
- Caster sugar
- Plain Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Butter (salted or unsalted. both work)
How to make Easy Chocolate Brownies Step By Step
- Get yourself 3 bowls. Yes, I know this recipe said easy and it really is. Go with me here.
- In bowl 1 (a medium bowl that fits snugly over a pan) place the butter and chocolate.
- For bowl 2 (a small bowl) whisk the plain flour and cocoa powder
- Then, in bowl 3 (a large-ish bowl) place the eggs and sugar
- Place bowl 1 (the butter and chocolate over a pan of simmering water. Let the chocolate and butter melt together and whisk well so that they are fully incorporated.
- While the chocolate and butter are melting, use an electric hand whisk to whip the eggs and sugar. This will take a good few minutes. We want the eggs and sugar mixture to be almost as thick as mayonnaise. (See the above photo.)
- Once the eggs and sugar are whipped and the chocolate is melted, slowly pour the chocolate into the egg mixture and whisk (not an electric whisk a regular one) to blend together. Add the flour and cocoa to the bowl and whisk again.
- Pour the mixture (you may need to spoon it in. It'll be THICKKKK) into a 9x9 (23cm) square tin lined with baking paper. Bake in a 160ºC oven for about 30 minutes. The top should feel (and look set) but the brownies should still wobble slightly when you wiggle the pan.
- Let the brownies cool completely before slicing.
Another thing about these brownies (did I mention they will be the best you've ever had?). They sometimes like to have add-ins. You know... for all the people in your life who are a bit "meh?" about a plain brownie. Who are these people? But, apparently, they exist. So for them, we can add in some things...
- White chocolate chunks
- Dried fruit (if that's your thing)
Being that it is the month of chocolate and Valentine's day, yes, you may make this recipe enough times to memorise it. Oh. Just me? Okay. But whatever the case, please do the world and the people in your life a favour and make these easy brownies at least once this month. The ingredients are simple, the recipe is easy enough for you to follow, but will still make you feel like Nigella and the dense fudgy brownie you will be rewarded with is next level amazing.
PS. No one would be upset if you served these warm with a scoop of melty vanilla ice cream for dessert. NO ONE!Print
*Include any text backlinks with image here*
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND COOKING ALONG WITH ME! IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR HAVE A QUESTION, I’D LOVE IT IF YOU LEFT A COMMENT AND A RATING. YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM TO SEE WHAT WE’RE EATING, PINNING AND A LITTLE BEHIND THE SCENES TOO!