This creamy tomato pasta is the perfect one-pot pasta dinner. Fresh tomatoes, a drop of cream (so it's still healthy) and fresh spinach make this the perfect easy pasta dinner. This sauce is a quick and fresh sauce that you'll make over and over again. And the whole recipe is made using only ingredients from Aldi UK. We ♥ One-Pot Dinners!
For all the recipes on Savvy Bites, you'll find helpful step by step photos as well as a photo of all the ingredients that you need for each recipe so that you'll know you've got everything you need. But, as always, the website is not sponsored by Aldi or affiliated with Aldi in any way, so you know that you're always getting completely unbiased recipes and cooking tips.
Creamy One-Pot Tomato Pasta
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Pasta pinboard!
Follow SavvyBites on Pinterest
Creamy Tomato Sauce
This creamy sauce could not be easier. It uses fresh tomatoes. But if you only have tinned, then, by all means, use tinned. See the recipe notes about tinned tomatoes.
A couple of pointers here.
- You do not need to deseed the fresh tomatoes. They essentially disappear into the sauce.
- If you don't have vegetable stock cubes you can use, chicken, or even water in a pinch. Just be sure to check the seasoning.
- You can use milk instead of cream and add some butter to keep it rich and creamy.
- You can use red onion instead of yellow or brown onion with no problem what so ever.
Cooking one-pot pasta
When you make a one-pot pasta your life just gets so much easier. Everything cooks in one pot, sauce, pasta and any veggies that you're using.
- The ratio you want to use for pretty much all one-pot pasta is 750ml of liquid to 250g pasta.
- Keep a lid on the pasta while you cook it so that you don't lose any of the liquid. If your pasta is getting a little low on liquid add in water 100ml at a time.
- If you've added too much liquid and your pasta is a little too saucy, remove the lid and boil away the liquid.
The Add-Ins for Creamy Tomato Pasta
This pasta can really take a lot of extras, but it's also perfect when it's left pretty plain with just some spinach. If you've got picky eaters, then you can absolutely skip the spinach if you need to.
- Bell Peppers
- Sweet Corn (frozen)
- Snow Peas
PS. This pasta keeps in the fridge and re-heats like a dream. Just know that you will need to add some more water to the pan when you heat it up, as the noodles soak up some of the sauce.
One-pot pasta we ♥ you so much!
SB Related Posts
Tools used to make this Creamy Tomato Pasta
Creamy Tomato Pasta
- 500 g fresh tomatoes chopped (perfect for using up leftover tomatoes in the fridge)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 500 ml chicken or vegetable stock use a stock cube
- 250 g uncooked spaghetti
- 150 ml double cream
- ½ bunch basil
- Optional extras
- 200 g bag spinach
- cooked chicken
- prawns*see notes
- 200 g sweetcorn fresh or frozen
- In a medium high sided skillet heat the olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and gently sauté until they are soft, fragrant and translucent. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are just starting to caramelise around the skin
- Pour the stock into the pot and add the pasta. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked. If using prawns or sweetcorn, add them at the 8 minute mark so they don’t overcook.
- Stir in the double cream, fresh basil and spinach if using and leave to stand for a couple of minutes to let the spinach wilt.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND COOKING ALONG WITH ME! IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR HAVE A QUESTION, I’D LOVE IT IF YOU LEFT A COMMENT AND A RATING. YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM TO SEE WHAT WE’RE EATING, PINNING AND A LITTLE BEHIND THE SCENES TOO!