This watermelon feta salad with basil and mint is a refreshing and salad that's perfect for all summer. Being gluten-free and vegetarian means it's perfect for serving to a crowd at BBQ's and picnics. All ingredients are from Aldi UK. We ♥ one-stop shops.
Watermelon Feta Salad
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Salad pinboard!
Follow SavvyBites on Pinterest
Before we go any further, should we just talk about how this salad tastes like summer and sunshine and all the healthy things. But healthy things that are really delicious, not boring.
Watermelon Feta Salad Step 1:
Get the simplest summer ingredients from your local Aldi UK. The labels of all the ingredients I've used are below, so you know that you're getting the right thing.
Don't have an Aldi? No Problem. Any grocery store will do, I've just picked Aldi because they're perfect for small budgets and like I said... one stop shop! This blog and these recipes are in no way affiliated with Aldi at all. I just shop there to make my life easier and thought that you might want to as well.
Watermelon Feta Salad Step 2:
Cube your watermelon and feta. And slice the tomatoes in half. Just a couple of notes on this... I only used half the watermelon. The other half was used for snacking. And there is a salad cheese that Aldi UK sell and it's so very similar to the feta and a little bit cheaper. It's the perfect substitute.
Watermelon Salad With Feta and Basil Step 3:
Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a jam jar and place the lid on top. Shake vigorously to make sure that the dressing emulsifies and combines to a vinaigrette.
Watermelon Salad With Cucumber and Feta Step 4:
Layer the salad on a serving platter and drizzle the dressing over top. Serve to all the happy hungry people you know! That's it. I told you, the simplest salad ever!
Optional Extras and Serving Suggestions
- BBQ chicken
- Grilled Fish
- Sea Food Kebabs
- Sliced Red Onions
- Shrimp or White Crab Meat
This watermelon salad really is everything simple summer meals are about. It's...
- Easy... like slice some watermelon easy.
- It's a mix of salty from the feta, sweet from the melon, fresh from the mint and peppery from the basil. Everything all at once!
- It can be made ahead of time and sit in the fridge for a day or so making prep and packed lunches a dream.
- And it's gluten-free and vegetarian, so a total crowd pleaser!
Tools used to make this Watermelon Salad
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND COOKING ALONG WITH ME! IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR HAVE A QUESTION, I’D LOVE IT IF YOU LEFT A COMMENT AND A RATING. YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM TO SEE WHAT WE’RE EATING, PINNING AND A LITTLE BEHIND THE SCENES TOO!
Greek Watermelon Feta Salad With Basil Dressing
- 500 g (3 ⅛ cups) watermelon cut into cubes
- 1 (1) English cucumber cut into large dice
- 1 (1) punnet cherry tomatoes cut in half
- kalamata olives
- 1 (1) package feta, Aldi Salad Cheese
- ½ (½) bunch mint chopped
- For the dressing
- 200 ml (⅘ cups) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (3 tablespoons) balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) thyme
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 clove (1 clove) garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) fresh basil, torn or chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- cut all the ingredients
- Place into a large bowl and toss with the dressing
- Chop the watermelon and cucumber. Toss in a large bowl. Add in the sliced cherry tomatoes and the chopped feta.
- For the dressing whisk all the ingredients in a large bowl or pour everything into a jam jar and shake vigorously. Toss the dressing with the salad and add the mint just before serving.