These crispy oven-roasted sweet potatoes are the perfect addition to any holiday table. Drizzled with maple syrup, and rosemary and topped with goat's cheese these potatoes are so easy and such an impressive potato side dish.
Potatoes are a standard side dish for any holiday/ Christmas dinner. These sweet potatoes are a little bit out of the ordinary being drizzled with maple syrup and topped with creamy goat's cheese.
⭐️ Why You'll Love This Recipe
- These roasted sweet potatoes are very easy to make.
- The mix of crispy potatoes, sweet rich maple syrup, and fresh creamy goat's cheese are a match made in heaven.
- Crispy roasted sweet potatoes only take about 40 minutes to make from start to finish.
You only need a couple of common ingredients to make these crispy potatoes.
- sweet potatoes
- maple syrup- you could use honey in this recipe instead.
- goats cheese- has a fresh taste and creamy flavor that brings out the sweetness of the sweet potatoes.
- rosemary- the earthiness of rosemary balances the sweetness of the potatoes perfectly.See recipe card for quantities.
Seasoning a recipe
A note on seasoning- Every recipe will require salt. I do not specify the amount because the seasoning is very subjective to taste, tolerance, and diet. The best way to use salt is to start early in the cooking process and taste and layer as you cook and as the dish develops.
👩🏻🍳 The 4 steps to crispy roasted sweet potatoes
- Start by peeling the potatoes and chop them into large chunks about 2 inches (about 5cm)
- Drizzle the potatoes with vegetable oil or olive oil. They both work but vegetable oil is a cheaper option.
- Roast in the oven preheated to 180ºC until they are golden and going crispy at the edges.
- Mix the maple syrup, a finely chopped clove of garlic, and chopped rosemary together and drizzle over the potatoes for the last 5-10 minutes of roasting.
- Continue to roast until the garlic is fragrant and the syrup has turned sticky.
- Remove from the oven and top with the goat's cheese and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan and a dusting of crushed chilli flakes for a bit of a kick.
Seasoning and flavour variations
This rosemary and goat's cheese version is not the only way to wow people at your Thanksgiving or Christmas table. Here are some other variations.
- Sweet and spicy- Keep the maple syrup or you can use honey and add in some chili flakes or cayenne pepper.
- Rosemary, garlic, and parmesan-
- You can reheat these sweet potatoes, but you will definitely need to use the oven for them rather than the microwave.
- They're best reheated without being covered.
Visit the search results to see which questions come up under the u0022People also asku0022 section for your primary keyword, and answer them here
The Ultimate Easy Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1 kg sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 60 ml maple syrup
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked and chopped
- Pinch chilli flakes, optional
- 100 g goat’s cheese, torn or cut into pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC for a fan or 190ºC conventional oven.
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with vegetable oil.
- Roast the sweet potatoes for about 25 minutes until they start to turn golden around the edges and they yield with pierced with a sharp knife. Drizzle the potatoes with maple syrup and sprinkle with the rosemary leaves. Toss the potatoes to ensure they are all coated in the syrup.
- Roast for 5-10 minutes until the syrup is bubbling and the rosemary is fragrant.
- Remove from the oven and top with pieces of goat’s cheese and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
- It’s not necessary to peel the sweet potatoes first if you prefer not to. I only peel them for more special occasions like Christmas and Thanksgiving.
- Unlike regular potatoes, there’s no need to parboil sweet potatoes before roasting.