This is the easiest (and fastest) BBQ pulled chicken that you’ll ever make. It’s all tossed into the Instant Pot, or slow cooker, or done on the stovetop. Either way, it’s up to you and you’ll end up with juicy, tangy and sweet shredded chicken that you can serve over rice, or in a wrap for the perfect dinner or leftover desk lunch. Oh… and bonus points that all the ingredients are from Aldi UK! ♥
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Slow Cooker or Dinner pinboard!
Follow SavvyBites on Pinterest
These bowls are all kinds of BBQ sauce deliciousness. Toss in that pineapple for the ultra juicy chicken perfection. This is a toss it all in the pan situation. Just how we like it on a weeknight in the summer. I completely understand that this recipe doesn’t actually meet a BBQ at all. It’s the use of the BBQ sauce that we’re tuning in to here. And it’s amazing!
Okay. Here’s your ingredients list…
BBQ Pulled Chicken Ingredients
- BBQ sauce (any flavour)
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Basmati Rice or Quinoa
- Cherry Tomatoes
Step By Step BBQ Chicken Bowls
- Dice the pineapple
- Place everything in the IP or slow cooker
- Set the timer on the IP or slow cooker
- Using two forks shred the chicken
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions
- Place the rice in the bottom of a bowl
- Spoon over the pulled BBQ chicken
- Top with lettuce, avocado and tomatoes.
- Squeeze lime over the top and enjoy!
And that’s it! That’s how easy this dinner is.
If you are using the Instant Pot, just know that you should add the BBQ sauce to the IP first so that the chicken doesn’t catch and you don’t get the IP “burn” warning. Other than that, this is a bung-it-all-in dinner that you can have on the table in less than an hour.
Note- If you are doing this in the slow cooker it will take longer than an hour, but will be ready for you when you get home from work!
Winner winner BBQ pulled chicken dinner! ♥
Savvy Bites Related Posts
Tools used to make this BBQ Pulled ChickenPrint
- 1kg boneless skinless chicken breast
- 500ml BBQ Sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large pineapple diced
- fresh coriander
- fresh basil
- cherry tomatoes
- rice or quinoa
- Shredded romaine lettuce
- 1. In the IP Place the chicken, BBQ Sauce, 100g pineapple and the citrus juices.
- Cover and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Use the quick release function to release the steam and shred the chicken with 2 forks. Drizzle with more BBQ Sauce if desired.
- 2. Cook the rice according to the directions and place in bowls. Top with the chicken and the pineapple salsa.
- 1. In the bowl of your slow cooker, combine the chicken, BBQ sauce, juice 1 lime, pineapple chunks, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours. Once the chicken is done cooking, shred with two forks and stir in the cilantro and remaining BBQ sauce, if desired.
- Follow along with step 2 as above.
- 1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large heavy bottomed pot over medium-high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Sear the chicken on both sides, about 3-4 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and add BBQ sauce, juice of 1 lime, and pineapple chunks. Cover and simmer the chicken for 1-2 hours. If the sauce gets too thick, add water to thin the sauce out. Once the chicken is done cooking, shred with two forks and stir in the cilantro and remaining BBQ sauce, if desired.
- Follow along with step 2 as above.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pulled chicken, BBQ, Instant Pot Chicken
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND COOKING ALONG WITH ME! IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR HAVE A QUESTION, I’D LOVE IT IF YOU LEFT A COMMENT AND A RATING. YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM TO SEE WHAT WE’RE EATING, PINNING AND A LITTLE BEHIND THE SCENES TOO!