Don't let this easy banana bread fool you. It's a simple one-bowl loaf situation, but it's got so much going for it. It's moist, it's healthy-ish and it's got a boatload of chocolate chunks and a light dusting of demerara sugar. And as always... everything is available from... you guessed it- Aldi UK. Because budgets and one-stop shops and why pay more when you don't have to!
Easy 1 Bowl Banana Bread
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Cake or Brunch pinboard!
Follow SavvyBites on Pinterest
Okay. Banana bread can get a bad rap sometimes (a lot of the time). It's only made when you've got no other option for those bananas that have been sitting in your kitchen for 9 weeks and counting.
The bananas that you've told yourself you'll have as a healthy snack. But let's be honest... healthy snack time never comes, does it? What we need is for bananas to actually just start out as banana bread, right?!
But not to worry. There is only 1 hour and a few simple ingredients that stand between you and this absolutely more-ish, "just can't quit" banana bread.
So, let's get straight to the ingredient's list and the how-to and you'll be on your way to working your magic on those "way past they're prime" bananas.
Ingredients you'll need to make Easy Banana Bread
- Plain flour
- Caster sugar (or granulated)
- Baking Powder
- Full Fat Greek Yogurt
- Vegetable oil
Optional Ingredients- Cinnamon, walnuts, pecan, raisins, sultanas or any other dried fruit.
How to Make Easy Banana Bread Step By Step
- Add your eggs, sugars, banana, yoghurt and butter to a medium bowl.
- Sift the flour, bicarb and salt straight into the bowl over the egg mixture. This is how we avoid using more than one bowl!
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and any of the optional extras you may want to add. Mix gently, then pour into the prepared tin.
- Split the third banana lengthwise and place it on the top of the banana loaf. Sprinkle with the extra chocolate chunks and bake for about 40 minutes. You can sprinkle some demerara sugar on just before baking for that crunchy texture.
And as if all that isn't enough to have you buying overripe bananas, let me tempt you further.
Top 5 Reasons to make this 1 Bowl Chocolate Chunk Easy Banana Bread
- It uses only 1 bowl!
- It's extra moist because of the vegetable oil and Greek yoghurt
- It's the easiest banana bread on the internet!
- There's chocolate in it!
- It is hugely customisable by adding in nuts or other dried fruit.
How to keep the banana cake moist
- Make sure that the banana bread is wrapped tightly in foil and or cling film. I know we're all trying to move away from plastic use so this beeswax wrap from Amazon may be just the ticket.
- Place the wrapped banana bread in an airtight container.
- Keeping the cake/bread in the fridge also helps to keep it fresh for about a week. But let's be honest... we've all eaten banana bread that's been in the fridge longer than that!
- If you find your banana bread gets a little dry, then warm it gently in a 130ºc oven for a few minutes and schmeer with butter!
Can this bread be made in a cake tin?
Of course, it can! To make this banana bread in a cake tin, follow the exact directions, but use an 8 inch (20cm) springform or round tin. You may need to reduce cooking time by a few minutes, but don't reduce the temperature.
More Savvy Bites Easy Baking
Tools used to make this Recipe Name
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND COOKING ALONG WITH ME! IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR HAVE A QUESTION, I’D LOVE IT IF YOU LEFT A COMMENT AND A RATING. YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM TO SEE WHAT WE’RE EATING, PINNING AND A LITTLE BEHIND THE SCENES TOO!