- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes (with herbs or with out)
- 500 ml vegetable stock made with 1 stock cube
- 250g pack tortellini (any variety) I’ve used spinach and ricotta
- 400g spinach
- 250ml single cream
- 1/2 bunch basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan (optional)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large sauce pan over a medium heat. Add in the chopped onion and sauté until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and rosemary and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Once the onions and garlic are soft stir in the tomato puree and stir into the onions. Pour in the chopped tomatoes with all the juices and the 500ml of vegetable stock. Bring this up to a boil and add in the tortellini.
- Boil the tortellini in the tomatoes and broth for 5 minutes until the tortellini is cooked and the pasta is soft. Turn the heat down to low and add the single cream. Stir it in well.
- Once the cream is added turn off the heat and add the spinach and half the chopped basil leaves. Let the spinach wilt by stirring it into the soup. Season to taste.
- Serve with crusty bread and top with parmesan shavings and the remaining basil leaves.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Simmering
- Cuisine: Italian