Sweet juicy peaches and tart fresh raspberries all baked under a fluffy golden almond topping. Serve with ice cream for the perfect summer dessert.
- 5 peaches, cut into wedges
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries
- 75g caster sugar
- 90g cold butter, salted or unsalted
- 90g caster sugar
- 140g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon milk *see notes
- 2 tablespoon flaked almonds
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 160c for a fan oven (170c for conventional)
- Cut the peaches into chunky slices. Place the peaches in a bowl and add in the raspberries. Toss with the sugar and place the fruit in an ovenproof baking dish. Set aside while you make the cobbler topping.
- To make the cobbler topping simple mix the flour, baking powder and caster sugar together. Using your fingers, rub in the cold butter until the butter is pea-sized. Add in the milk and bring the mixture together until it is the texture of soft cookie dough.
- Use a spoon to top the fruit with the cobbler topping. Sprinkle with some demerara sugar and the flaked almonds. Bake until the fruit is juicy and bubbling up around the edges and the cobbler topping is golden and fluffy this should take about 20-30 minutes.
- *As a special note, please don't even bother peeling the peaches. They're just so tender that it's not necessary. BUT... if the texture of peach skin really bothers you, then please feel free. But it's 1000% not necessary.
- I only used 1 teaspoon of milk, but if your mixture is a little bit dry then add in another small splash to bring the mixture together.
- Please note the nutrition info listed below is for the cobbler only without ice cream or custard.
Keywords: peach raspberry cobbler, Aldi dessert, fruit desserts, fruit baking, baking with fresh fruit