- 240g butter, browned and cooled
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 260g caster sugar
- 200g brown sugar
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 130g plain flour
- 100g cocoa powder
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 75g pecans, chopped
- 25g dark chocolate, melted for drizzling over the cooled brownies
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC. Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with greaseproof baking paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat until the butter melts. Continue to cook the butter until it turns golden brown and starts to smell nutty. This should take about 5 minutes. Set the browned butter aside to cool.
- Once the butter is cool pour it into a medium mixing bowl and add in the oil, sugars, eggs, vanilla and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder and fold into the batter until just combined. Gently stir in the chopped chocolate. Pour the batter into the lined baking tray and top with the chopped pecans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes until the brownies are shiny and crackly on top and the top is just set.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing. *See notes
- 1- Once the brownies are cool enough to slice, use a sharp knife and wipe the knife after each cut to ensure a clean edge on each brownie.
- 2- Slice these brownies and keep them in the freezer for when you get a chocolate craving. They keep well for up to 6 months.
- 3- For a very indulgent dessert, heat the brownies and serve them with vanilla ice cream.
- Category: Easy Baking
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: Brownies, Easy, Baking, Chocolate, Aldi recipes, budget baking, nuts