Simple Margherita pizza made with a homemade pizza base and rich pizza sauce. Pizza that's 100x better than takeout. Everything from Aldi.
- 1/2 quantity of pizza dough
- 1/3 quantity of homemade pizza sauce
- 50g shredded mozzarella
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella
- basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 250ºC fan oven. Leave a baking tray in the oven to get hot.
- On a lightly floured work surface roll out the pizza dough into a round about 1/4cm thickness. Place the pizza dough on a piece of baking paper so you can transfer to the baking tray.
- Top with the pizza sauce and the shredded mozzarella.
- Tear the ball of fresh mozzarella and place onto the pizza. Top with the fresh basil leaves.
- Very carefully, remove the baking tray from the oven and holding the edges of the paper place the pizza on the hot tray and place in the oven. Bake for about 10-12 minutes until the pizza is bubbling and golden.
- Category: Easy Dinners
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Pizza, Margherita, Easy recipes, Aldi recipes, Budget