A rich and hearty short cut easy lasagna made with beef mince, rich tomato sauce and creamy mozzarella cheese. All made in one pan with Aldi ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g lean minced beef
- 250g chorizo sausage, cubed
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 500g box passata
- 750ml stock (made with a stock cube) or water
- 10 lasagna sheets, broken in half
For the cream sauce layer
- 250g mascarpone
- 1 egg
- 30g grated parmesan
- 30g mozzarella
For the topping
- 180g shredded mozzarella
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof skillet or casserole pan over a medium heat. Brown the mince and the chorizo until the mince is a deep golden brown and the chorizo has rendered its fat. *See notes
- Add the onion, garlic and the Italian seasoning to the mince and the chorizo. Let the onions and garlic soften in the fats of the meat. Once the onions and garlic are soft and fragrant add in the lasagna sheets and the stock or water (whichever you choose) and the passata.
- Bring everything to a boil, then turn down to a simmer and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cover and cook for about 15 – 20 minutes, checking the pasta after about 7 minutes. *See notes
- While the pasta is cooking, mix the mascarpone with the egg and cheeses. 30 grams each of parmesan and mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper. Once the noodles are cooked, dollop the mascarpone mixture onto the pasta and cover with the remaining mozzarella and place under the grill for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is golden and bubbling. Sprinkle with the basil leaves.
- Note 1- If you are concerned about the fat and calories, you can drain the fat from the chorizo and mince, but for maximum flavour you can leave them in, as the lasagna doesn’t have much else in the way of fats being added.
- Note 2- If the pasta is starting to stick to the bottom of the pan, use a wooden spoon to stir it and scrape it up to prevent it from sticking further. This is common with one pot kinds of pasta, a simple stir will do the trick.
- Category: pasta
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: one pot, lasagna, easy, pasta, weeknight, minced beef