A quick and easy dark chocolate mousse recipe that’s only 3 ingredients and is fluffy and as light as air. All ingredients are from Aldi!
- 500ml double cream
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of your favourite liqueur (Amaretto, Tia Maria, etc)
- pinch sea salt
- Place the chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave in 10-15 second bursts, stirring frequently until all the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Heat the double cream and vanilla until just starting to steam. Slowly pour the cream into the chocolate stirring to create a smooth creamy mixture. Gently stir in the sea salt. Place the mixture in the fridge to set for several hours or overnight.
- Once the mixture is well chilled, use an electric hand whisk to whip into a light and fluffy mousse.
- Divide into small serving glasses and top with some extra whipped cream and shaved chocolate, or leave in the fridge for unto 2 days until ready to serve.
- When whipping the cream and chocolate, be very careful to not over whip and split the mixture.
- The sea salt is optional but highly recommended. It gives more depth of flavour to the chocolate and helps to balance the sweetness.
- Category: Easy Baking
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: Easy, chocolate mousse, no eggs, Aldi, Budget recipe