Easy Chocolate Brownies- Super thick, extra fudgy and only 6 ingredients (all from Aldi UK)
- 3 eggs
- 225 caster sugar
- 225 butter
- 225 dark chocolate
- 100g plain flour
- 100g cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC and line a 23cm (9 inch) square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Get yourself 3 bowls. Yes, I know this recipe said easy and it really is. Go with me here.
- In bowl 1 (a medium bowl that fits snugly over a pan) place the butter and chocolate.
- For bowl 2 (a small bowl) whisk the plain flour and cocoa powder
- Then, in bowl 3 (a large-ish bowl) place the eggs and sugar
- Place bowl 1 (the butter and chocolate over a pan of simmering water. Let the chocolate and butter melt together and whisk well so that they are fully incorporated.
- While the chocolate and butter are melting, use an electric hand whisk to whip the eggs and sugar. This will take a good few minutes. We want the eggs and sugar mixture to be almost as thick as mayonnaise. (See the above photo.)
- Once the eggs and sugar are whipped and the chocolate is melted, slowly pour the chocolate into the egg mixture and whisk (not an electric whisk a regular one) to blend together. Add the flour and cocoa to the bowl and whisk again.
- Pour the mixture (you may need to spoon it in. It’ll be THICKKKK) into a 9×9 (23cm) square tin lined with baking paper. Bake in a 160ºC oven for about 30 minutes. The top should feel (and look set) but the brownies should still wobble slightly when you wiggle the pan.
- Let the brownies cool completely before slicing.
- *160ºC may seem like a low temperature to bake the brownies at, but it’s the low temperature that give the brownies their amazing fudgy texture.
- I cut these into 9 large brownies, but you can easlily make them smaller and cut into 12
- Category: Easy Baking
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: British/ American
Keywords: Brownies, Easy, Baking, Chocolate