Beautifully golden, perfectly crunchy baked chicken goujons. These are a crowd-pleaser. You’ll never buy frozen again. And all ingredients are from Aldi.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 190g plain flour
- 200g breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons oil (vegetable or olive)
Honey mustard dipping sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- water (add until desired consistency is reached)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Start by cutting your chicken into goujon sized fingers. Or you can simply buy chicken tenders from Aldi and save yourself the cutting time. Either way, you need some goujon sized chicken.
- Set out your chicken and 3 separate bowls. In the bowls measure out the flour, breadcrumbs, and eggs. Beat the eggs with some salt and pepper. And add some salt and pepper to the breadcrumbs and the flour. You're aiming to have each layer seasoned rather than just seasoning at the end.
- Follow the breading instructions below and once all the chicken is breaded, brush with oil and lay on a lined baking tray. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until a temp of 70ºC is reached in the middle of the chicken.
For the sauce
- Place all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until combined
To make this easy use one hand for dipping the chicken into the dry ingredients and one hand for dipping into the wet ingredients. The mess and gluey fingers happen when you use both hands for both tasks.
I'm left-handed, so I would pick up a chicken tender with my left-hand dip it into the flour. Then use my left hand again to place it into the beaten egg, BUT don't let your fingers touch the egg.
Now, use your right hand to pick up the chicken out of the egg and place it into the breadcrumbs, but don't let those fingers touch the breadcrumbs. Once you follow these directions once, you'll see exactly what I mean and you'll fly through this little tasks and get right onto baking these goujons.