Creamy, baked potato soup. So simple, only a few ingredients and super cheap to make.
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 potatoes, baked
- 1.25 litres chicken or vegetable stock
- 150ml single cream
- 35g pancetta lardons (smoked or unsmoked) *see notes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC. Pierce the potatoes with a fork all over and wrap in foil. Place the foil packet of potatoes into a roasting tray and roast for about 45 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and cooked through.
- While the potatoes are roasting heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan and sweat the onions and garlic until they are soft and translucent. Once the potatoes are baked, chop them (including the skin) and place them in the sauce pot with the onions and garlic.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and continue to simmer until the potatoes are very very tender and starting to break apart. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until it’s smooth and creamy. Add in the cream and stir until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Divide into bowls and serve with the pancetta and sliced green onions.
Notes- If you’re serving this with the pancetta, then heat a non-stick skillet and cook the pancetta over medium-high heat until golden and crispy. No need to add oil to the pan. The pancetta starts to render out enough fat to cook.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: potato soup, easy, baked, freezer friendly, budget, Aldi